Monday, September 7, 2009

Awash in Girl's Clothes!

Today I'm at my mom's for the Labor Day holiday.  I'm taking advantage of the time to sort through all the clothing I've stashed in mom's attic.  Getting rid of all the 2T and below and putting them aside for a clothing swap/clothing donation.  I am holding on to one pair of pjs that both my girlies wore - mostly in China.  Dave used to say Ballerina was on "Team Low Fat" when she wore those.  There was a patch on one sleeve depicting a carton of "low fat" milk.  We have good memories of the girls in those pjs.  Going through all the stuff that the girls wore brings it all back - the sweet toddler moments swishing around in dresses and crawling around in feetie jammies.  The beautiful blue princess coat that the girls wore MAY get one last wearing before passing it along to baby cousin.  Songbird will NOT try it on for me though, so I'll have to wait and see.  I think she's just not ready to accept the colder weather!  We've recently purged a bunch of toys too and I'm glad to know that there are people who need what the girls no longer do.  Dave found out from a co-worker that she sends clothes/toys to a friend, overseas, who brings the items to families on her visiting nurse rounds.  We also have passed toys along to some of Songbird's therapists for use with other children.  The apartment is going to be a bit more crowded when we change up the girls room to accomodate a bunk bed - we need all the space we can get!  Allright, enough procrastinating - I need to finish sorting all the clothes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment