Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Monday

So, today is the first day that I have both Ballerina and Songbird in their school schedules AND I have their baby cousin MiniMuffin - right now she is in the pack-n-play in my room yelling loudly....MOMMY....then she squeals it.....she is hysterical!
I have had MiniMuffin on Mondays for over a year and we've had to adjust our schedules accordingly whenever school or summer breaks change things.  This morning we did pretty well.  I was at the bus stop with the girls waiting for Ballerina's bus and was ready with hubby's keys in my pocket in case MiniMuffin's mama arrived and could do the carseat swap.  But, we are now out and back to the apartment so early that I am surprised that it isn't later!  My sis, BakerBee has to pop Ballerina's booster off the seat and replace it with MiniMuffin's carseat.  This afternoon I will be shuttling Songbird to school with MiniMuffin, return home for a few unprecedented hours alone with my niece and then pickup Ballerina and Songbird in quick succession.  If we are able to pull that off with nobody being late, we're doing well!
I am waiting for MiniMuffin to finally fall asleep!  Thankfully Songbird is asleep already - this will be good for lunchtime.  I felt terrible last week to wake her from her nap so that she could eat lunch before school.  She seemed pretty tired when I picked her up from her day away from me.....a tiny bit was probably the naptime interrupted.
Our Mondays with MiniMuffin have definitely been something my girls look forward to.  We dub the days Girls Club.  There have been challenging moments....like the times that Songbird and MiniMuffin want to play with the same toy.....Songbird does NOT like to share with her cousin!  But there are many sweet moments - when they all play "ring around the rosey" or all attack me with hugs while screaming "HUUUUUGGG!" at the top of their lungs.  We have a lot of laughing and lots more mess, but lots of fun!
We've come a long way from the first babysitting day where BakerBee came into my room to wake me up because she was there before I was up!  ACK!  In all fairness though, we were only back from China a week or two with Songbird and it was the first day hubby went back to work after the big trip.  I was tired!  But we made it through the day.  Thankfully God invented Naps!!!
I'm listening out for MiniMuffin.....who sounds suspiciously quiet now.....I think she finally dropped off....phew!  I think I'm going to take her mama's reccomendation to wait until I return from dropping Songbird at school to feed her - otherwise she will get her nap interrupted.
Oh, wow, just looked at the clock - I'll have to wake up Songbird in about 15 minutes to get lunch into her before its time to go! 
I guess its just as well that I have no blog followers to date - this was a most BORING post!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment