Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Countdown....

We are at the end of our countdown.....one more day until school begins!  I'm excited for my girls, but sad at the same time.  I'm not completely ready to send my baby off to preschool.  Its only a few hours, but they're hours where I'm not there with her!  Our little Songbird is going to have a lot of fun, but I'm still working on bonding and hope that this doesn't set us back.  As for Ballerina, she is SOOO ready for Kindergarten.  She actually said to me recently that she might be a little shy on the first day - but I think she was just throwing me a bone.  Every time I've brought her to a kids-only type class, she has enthusiastically joined the action right from the get-go and happily waved mommy away!  She is looking forward to the bus, eating lunch at school and learning to read.  I'm going to be waiting at that bus-stop for her classic, chock-full of information, report.  Last year her first week was filled with details like where the blocks and books belong, who she sat next to during snack, who wasn't listening to teacher and who was crying.  She is ready for more challenges and I'm hoping that she enjoys Kindergarten as much as she enjoyed Pre-K.  She really had a great teacher last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment